Monday 28 January 2019

Cook the World Week 4 - Brazil

Man Raising Brazil Flag Inside Football Stadium







This week's culinary experience was Brazil.  I originally planned to make a traditional Feijoada (Black bean and savory meat stew), but had a terrible virus that kept me down and out most of the weekend.  I tried to think of something else that would be equally comforting and then I remembered, funnily enough, a trip to Bonaire where my husband and I had the most delicious Brazilian steak with these tiny delicious cheese-puff like breads.  So, we fired up the Big Green Egg in the middle of the snow, and made a wonderful meal.  I made a mint chimichurri to go with the steak and a salad to balance the meal.  The cheese puffs were so wonderful that I must have eaten half of them before the steak was even ready!  I used cheddar cheese in the recipe instead of the parmesan it called for, as that was how they were served in Bonaire.  I would happily make all of these recipes again. (Scroll down for the recipes)

Pao de Quiejo (Cheese Puffs)


Brazilian Steak and Mint Chimichurri

Recipes














No comments:

Post a Comment