Saturday 6 February 2016

A Year in Review

Many of my friends, colleagues and families have been asking me the same thing  - "So... did you do it?".  I've stared at them blankly many times now before realizing that they were referring to my resolution to travel somewhere different every month in 2015.  My answer is almost always exactly the same - "YES, but I'm exhausted!!!!"

It was hands-down, no question, absolutely the best year of my life.  I traveled with friends, family, colleagues and on my own and I enjoyed (almost) every single moment.  I travel quite often for work to begin with, so there were definitely some harrowing moments - i.e. "Will I make it on this flight?"  or "Will I make it to work tomorrow?" and "Oh no, it's almost the end of the month and I haven't been anywhere yet!"

The highlights?  Well, meeting Kardinal Offishall and going to his private concert with my colleagues after a long summer of training was probably one of the best 24 hours of my life.  My family vacation was long-anticipated and such a great group of people to travel and have fun with.  But mostly I think I really enjoyed being active, learning about different cities and culture and sharing my love of travel with the people I care about the most.

Here's a recap:
January: Cancun, Mexico
February: Palm Beach, Aruba
March: Havana & Varadero Cuba
April: Holguin, Cuba
May: Atlanta, GA, US
June: Montreal, QC, Canada
July: Vancouver, BC, Canada
August: Riviera Maya, Mexico
September: Chicago, IL, US
October: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
November: Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
December: Cayo Coco, Cuba

Many people have also asked me what I plan to do in 2016.  My answer is simple - STAY HOME!!!  LOL  I know that's not a reality given that I work in travel, but I have decided to do something to improve my home every month this year!  I haven't decided if I'm going to blog about it yet, but I'm already off to a great start with my giant photo collage of my 2015 travels as my first project.

SAFE TRAVELS!!!


2 comments:

  1. That's a year full of memories. The future looks bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a year full of memories. The future looks bright.

    ReplyDelete