Saturday 6 February 2016

October - Punta Cana

Well, the first day of this trip was one of the best days of my life. Ever. We arrived at the Chic Punta Cana just before noon and were treated to the Diamond Club luxury check-in service.


Although our rooms were not quite ready, our butler walked us around the resort, showing us all of the best restaurants and bars. We had lunch and then bumped into Kardinal Offishall!


After chatting with him about his concert that night, we changed into our swimsuits and went directly to the mermaid pool. Two sides of this pool are entirely glass, allowing you to take pictures of people while they're in the pool. 



From the deck of the pool, we saw a foam pool party, so naturally we needed to join it immediately! There was a DJ spinning by the pool, getting everyone pumped for the Kardi Party that night.






We had dinner at the sushi and ceviche restaurant that night, and I was brave and tried all kinds of things that I wouldn't typically order. The ceviche was out of this world - I never imagined that I would enjoy octopus!

The concert that night was truly amazing. There were about 75-100 people there, and we were all front row. Kardinal was a phenomenal entertainer, and performed his classics as well as his new music from Kardi Gras Vol 1. Glitter fell from the ceiling so many times that I'm still finding it around my house a month later! It was definitely the craziest party I have ever been to, and the most beautiful and trendy location for it.  I bought Kardi's CD the day it came out, what a great way to relive awesome memories and support Canadian music - not to mention tremendous talent!





I'll be honest, Punta Cana was not my favourite destination before this trip (I like a picture perfect beach) - but I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat, it's the perfect mix of trendy, casual, cool & fun, not to mention the sexiest décor I've ever seen at a hotel!



No comments:

Post a Comment