Saturday 6 February 2016

December - Cayo Coco

For my last trip of the year, I asked one of my best friends to come with me to Cayo Coco, Cuba.  Yes, apparently I really needed to even it out to 14 trips to Cuba!  My friend Shannon has 4 children, so we made a deal with dad to leave the boys with him and bring the girls on vacation.




We passed the time well on Sunwing airlines, which I quickly learned was great for traveling with children.  They provide backpacks for children with an activity book to colour in and a beach ball, which would come in handy later!


We stayed at the Memories Flamenco, which I had heard was a fan favourite.  It was the most modern looking family resort I had ever seen in Cuba and the property was immaculate.  Our room was very nice and spacious with an extra bed and crib for the kids.



We also visited the Memories Caribe which had such a gorgeous beach - aquamarine and teal as far as the eye could see and very shallow water which was nice for the children.  You could walk several hundred meters before it became even remotely deep.




The beach at Memories Flamenco was very rocky - it was like a giant rock face in the bottom of the ocean - not sharp and jagged, but rather smooth and pretty slippery!  Those who had water shoes on faired well, but otherwise a quick 2 minute jaunt down the beach led to a pristine beach without any rocks at all.  A nice beach is most important to me on vacation, and this resort certainly did not disappoint!


No comments:

Post a Comment