Friday 29 March 2019

Cook the World Week 11 - Philippines

Man Wearing White Shirt, Brown Shorts, and Green Backpack Standing on Hill


I was very excited about this week's adventure as I have often heard amazing things about cuisine in the Philippines.  What intrigued me the most was the Filipino street food that is often blogged about in the travel community.  I traveled to Mauritius when I was young, and I will never forget the smells and wonderful tastes of the food in the Bazar - I imagine this would be a similar experience with Filipino street food.  I asked my dad to make Lumpia - the crispy spring rolls and he made Kare-Kare, a peanut-based stew as the main dish.  Another Sunday success!  Both were rich in flavour and completely unique. (Scroll down for recipes)



Lumpia (Crispy Spring Rolls)

Kare-kare (Peanut Stew)




No comments:

Post a Comment