Friday 15 March 2019

Cook the World Week 9 - Russia

People Walking on Concrete Road With Mid Rise Buildings Under Clouded Sky






As we have been cooking, it's come up in conversation a lot - most recently at work because I have been bringing such interesting "leftovers" for lunch.  One of my colleagues mentioned that I should check in with her when Russia came around and - low and behold when I looked it up, I realized it was this week!  She gave us the recipes for the potato salad and the dessert.  Frankly, it will be a very long time before I'm ready to make potato salad any other way.  I am a huge fan of dill, and this recipe certainly didn't disappoint in that area!  My father also chose to make this incredible salmon "pot pie".  I am not always a fan of fish, especially when it's incorporated into a dish or casserole, so I was definitely apprehensive about trying this one...  I had no need to be worried - it was absolutely fantastic!  The salmon flavour was nice and didn't overpower any of the other elements, and of course also had a nice hearty helping of dill.  The dessert was FABULOUS - again, challenging what I think I enjoy; it looked very dry and I wondered if I should make tea/coffee to accompany it.  There was no need for that at all as the honey icing balanced the layers of the cake perfectly, and balanced the textures seamlessly.  Overall I would say that this was one of the most successful meals we've made so far and I would absolutely make every one of these dishes again. (Scroll Down for Recipes)










Oliver Salad
https://crowdeeze.com/cook-the-world-week-9-russia-olivier-salad/

Koulebiaka (Salmon)
https://crowdeeze.com/cook-the-world-week-9-russia-koulebiaka/

10-Layer Honey Cake
https://crowdeeze.com/cook-the-world-week-9-russia-10-layer-honey-cake/














No comments:

Post a Comment